Terms & Conditions
The property known as Martins’ Lakes (‘the Property’) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Greg and Nicola Martin (‘the Owners’) to the renter (‘the Client’).
To reserve the Property the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit of 25% of total rental. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owners will send confirmation that sets out the details and provides further information. Unless the Owners hear from the Client within 7 (seven) days of issuing a confirmation, the Owners will assume that the Client is satisfied with the arrangements and the contract will take effect.
The balance of the rent is payable not less than 8 (eight) weeks before the start of the rental period. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent if the Client cancels the reservation with less than 8 (eight) weeks notice. Any cancellations must be notified to the Owners in writing.
Reservations made within 8 (eight) weeks of the start of the rental period must be paid for immediately by bank transfer or cheque.
Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period should be settled locally with the Owners before departure.
The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability, etc since these are not covered by the Owners' insurance. The Client is also advised to obtain basic health cover.
The rental period shall commence at 16:00 on the first day and finish at 10:00 on the last day. The Owners shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed the number stated on the booking form unless the Owners have given written permission.
The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The Client also agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
All passports, visas and health certificate requirements are all your responsibility and we accept no liability for any delay or expense incurred through any irregularity in your documents.
Personal Data - completing the booking form implies that you agree for the Owners to hold data securely on you and your party. The data shall not be passed to any third party without your prior written permission. This is a requirement under European Law for data security (25 May 2018 - GDPR, General Data Protection Regulation).
We reserve the right to immediately terminate your holiday if we judge your behaviour to be likely to cause discomfort or harm to our other clients or any other person or property. An appropriate termination charge will apply and will not be liable to you for any refund or compensation or any costs of damage which you may incur.
The Client shall report to the Owners without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment or appliances in the Property and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
Prices quoted are per week and not per person. Prices do not include travel to and from the Property. Arrangements for this must be made separately.
If the Client is prevented from travelling (not merely disinclined) then the Client may transfer the booking to another person. The Client must give at least 14 (fourteen) days notice in writing of the transfer along with the name, address and telephone number of the person to whom the Client is transferring the booking. Any payment received from the Client is not refundable until the person who has taken over the booking has paid in full.
The Owners shall not be liable to the Client for:
- any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property or garden
- for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owners
- for any loss, damage, inconvenience caused or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period.
Fishing is at the Client's own risk. The Owners shall not be responsible for any accident that might happen whilst staying at Martins’ Lakes.
No swimming in the lakes.
Life-jackets must be worn at all times in the boat(s). Children under the age of 18, or non-swimmers, are not allowed in the boat(s).
Under no circumstances shall the Owners’ liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owners for the rental period.
Pets are not permitted without prior agreement.
All litter to be disposed of in the bins provided or taken away from the Property.
Rental of the gite includes fishing rights for the 1 acre Coarse fishing lake, but not the Specimen Lake, or Jungle Lake.
Rental of the Specimen Lake includes fishing rights for the Specimen Lake but not the Coarse Lake or Jungle Lake.
Rental of the caravan includes fishing rights for Jungle Lake but not the Coarse Lake or Specimen Lake.
If space allows, day tickets for fishing any of the other lakes can be purchased.
· Continental type unhooking mats must be used.
· No particle baits except fully-cooked sweetcorn, maize and hemp, limited to1kg per day.
· No plastic or imitation baits.
· Strictly no nuts of any description.
· Maximum of three rods per person.
· STRICTLY no sacking of carp or catfish.
· No retention of large catfish by stringers.
· NO sack/weigh slings permitted – please use PVC weighing sling/large continental type.
· When photos are taken, the fish must be properly supported and at ground level.
· Fish MUST NOT be held more than 0.5m above an unhooking mat.
· Fish over 30lbs must be photographed either ON the weighing mat or supported by/held over the water.
· All fish to be returned to the water as quickly as possible by supporting them in the water until they swim away.
· No permanently fixed lead rigs to be used.
· No double hook rigs for catfish.
· Micro barb hooks strongly recommended
· Landing nets must have arms of at least 42”.
· Baited rods must not be left unattended.
· No live-baits to be brought in from outside the property.
· Main line must be at least 15lb breaking strain.
· Any hook wounds must be treated with disinfectant.
· No wading beyond 1.5m of the bank.
· Life-jackets must be worn at all times in the boat(s).
· Juniors are not allowed to fish the lakes unsupervised, an experienced adult must be present at all times.
· The property must be left in the condition in which it was found.
· No unauthorised visitors allowed.
· Strictly no fires
· Only provided barbecues to be used
· No litter to be dropped outside – please use the bin provided or remove from the site.
· Please aim to arrive 4pm or later, but no later than 9pm.
· Departure must be by 10am Saturday.
· No unruly behaviour.
ANY CLIENT FOUND CONTRAVENING THESE RULES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY, AND WILL FORFEIT THE REMAINDER OF THEIR HOLIDAY